Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Jupiter v. Saturn

Hello everybody!

Sorry for the delay on this one!

I was inspired by my visit to the Illustration Academy to create this piece based on Gary Kelley's assignment. He tried a new one this year- an project based on one of the seven deadly sins. Sounded good to me!

I phoned a friend and had her give me one randomly. She chose "RAGE".
After thinking of a bunch of different situations, I remembered the mythological story of Jupiter slaying Saturn and taking over the realm of the Gods. This let me do some fun visual research! I got to look at tons of ancient and neoclassical works of art. I also decided to depict Jupiter as a bull(he definitely turned into one at various times), to create a better composition and what I think is just an image that's more fun.
Enjoy!

1 comment:

Shana Z said...

for the record, i said 'wrath'

i leave this comment only to demonstrate that i do, in fact, know what the seven deadly sins are, regardless of your interpretation...

other than that, i love it, as usual! i approve of this use of Roman mythology. :)