Tuesday, September 25, 2012

The Other Side of the Aisle this Election Year...


Since I have already produced a Mitt Romney Illustration this cycle, I thought it was high time I make a new Obama Illustration. It was a fun exercise- I decided to do a white background again for this one (I'm enjoying producing boundless spots lately). Producing all those Congressmen helped a lot in this endeavor. I like the idea of Obama using the clout of the Presidency as an offensive tool in the campaign, even if he might personally have doubts about it.

On a side note, those of you who have been following my career for awhile may remember my stint as the cover artist of the Washington University Political Review in 08-09. I drew President Obama a ton back then, and thought it would be fun to include some of those covers here. They are pretty embarrassing now, and show how inexperienced I was at the time. Still, it was an exciting time, with a thrilling campaign going on and my own career taking its first baby steps. Enjoy!





No comments: