Sunday, October 4, 2009

Keys and Pillows


Had the signing at Jive and Wail this week, and was humbled by the response from everybody! It was a really exciting event and the mayor of Maplewood gave me a key to the city! Definitely the biggest honor I have ever gotten for my work. Many thanks to everyone for their help on this project.

I also wanted to post some self-motivated work I did earlier this summer for an article in the New York Times about Pillow Love. Basically there is a small sub-culture of folks in Japan who use pillows as girlfriends. Perfect for editorial brainstorming. I did these black and white pieces for practice.

6 comments:

Annika said...

woah a key to the city... congrats that is cool :) and sorry I just realized you've already done platypus! how bout a squirrel or a snow fox?

Brian Anderson said...

Hot Damn!

^__^

Duncan Barton said...

Dude, you own a key to a city. Lol I just like the way that sounds... the recent work is great, keep it up! (still love that comic you did, "the bigot" it cracks me up every time!

Unknown said...

Very nice drawings!

Louise Smythe said...

congrats! that's pretty freakin' cool. :)

Sam said...

thanks everybody! It was pretty exciting :)