Thursday, May 7, 2009

Iraq War Journals

This is a piece from my last project with John Hendrix. The assignment dealt with illustrating scenes form a series of iraq war journal postings from an issue of the New Yorker. 

This was a somber subject to deal with, and a real departure for me from my typical fare. I enjoyed drawing the car, and the military uniform, as well as working on a subject with more weight behind it. 


I want to take a second to thank my teachers here. John Hendrix and Doug Dowd have been a godsend this year, and a great follow up to the illustration Academy last summer. I'm getting ready for the future, and I'm both terrified and excited in the best way possible. I can't wait to start the next chapter of my life, and look forward to keeping you informed.

1 comment:

John Hendrix said...

Great new colors sam.

Signed,
Godsend