Friday, September 5, 2008

DESIGN on DEMAND

Apologies for the lack of updates recently. With the new school year starting, Things have gotten quite busy. As an example, take a gander at these two fliers. Both are for my fraternity on campus, and both involved some serious time-crunching. 
The first is a joint project with Alan Sheu, which was produced over one very busy week right before classes started. I introduced alan to the Academy method and we set at making a unique visual identity for the poster. we settled upon the Victorian aesthetic after stumbling upon some great old broadsides in the American Heritages. I worked on the Illustrating while Alan handled the lettering. Coloring was done jointly. While there are still typographical issues to address, but considering this is what we were able to produce under a short deadline, I'm pretty happy with it. Great to able to mix illo and design. I must point out here that the colors have been warped by the blog. the blues should be red and greens yellow. I have no idea what happened.
 The second is a RUSH flier with a much faster turnover (about 20 hrs). The basic idea i was was trying to get across here is the our fraternity has vibrancy. I suppose we'll see if the message got across.

No comments: